... and finidng it in the everyday.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Ch... Ch... Ch... Changes

Here's the thing.  I have been through a lot of change in the past two years. I went through a period where my job changed every few months, the last of that series of changes left me working 70 minutes from home with all new people in a program I had no experience with.  The other big change in there was that I went from a program with no real budget to one that was driven by timelines based on billing.  There was a constant feel of being behind and when I asked for support instead of giving me help I was told that  my responsibilities were doable and they kept adding more and more for me to do.  It was horrible, and as I tried to keep up I found myself struggling with something else... depression.  So I did some therapy, I started taking some meds, I wanted to get better.   Months went by and I came to the realization that in order to "get better" I would need more change.  I started by asking my current employer for relief, I was told no, and so I decided to get a new job.  This now bring us to the last two months.  I want to let you all know that for the first time in years I am beginning to feel better.  The day to day stuff like dishes, cooking, and all that are starting to feel less like overwhelming burdens that cannot be overcome and more like mundane but easy tasks.  I am sharing this because it is the real reason behind the SPICES quest.  So... I am making the changes for myself this time.  Taking control of the things that I can control and letting the things I can't control go... it is a journey that I imagine will take a while.  But I'm hopeful that I am on the correct path.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you're feeling less depressed... That's huge! I totally understand, I have definitely been there!

    ReplyDelete