... and finidng it in the everyday.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Cast and Crew

Jessica – Me. A little about me, I was born in South Africa grew up in central Indiana and have traveled quite a bit. I am a social worker, I have mostly worked with foster parents, foster children and their biological parents. Right now I am working as a therapist. I am nearly 30 (like really close) and I’m married. I love making things, and reading. I listen to a lot of music, I sing along whether or not I know the words. There's a lot more but if I keep going I won't have anything to actually blog about...
Bear – My husband. He was born in California but moved to Indiana when he was in early elementary school. He is currently a student, studying to become a teacher (trust me we know the state of the education system). He used to work in the theater and would love to again someday but we needed him to find something more stable and he chose education. He is also nearly 30 (not as close as I am) and he’s married to me!
Mom – My mother. My mom is from Ohio but she’s kinda sorta awesome and after she graduated college she joined the Mennonite Central Committee’s Teacher Abroad Program and flew away to South Africa where she taught science in the rural (bush) areas of South Africa and Swaziland. She was also a science teacher to the crown price of Swaziland (I know awesome). While over there she met this guy, he was pretty nice and she decided to marry him, which led her to stay in South Africa for 10 years. Back state side she began working in campus ministry and eventually became a pastor. She is totally a hippie.
Dad – My father. He was born and raised in South Africa. He was also born with cerebral palsy, just on his right side. He was going along with his life and met this lovely lady with long dark hair and pretty blue eyes, not to mention that she was American! He fell in love and asked her to stay in the wild country of South Africa with him. Shortly after that he decided to go to seminary and while she taught science to royalty he studied to preach God’s word. This paired with marrying a hippie, he became a hippie too… and soon started thinking that the unjust Apartheid government should change. Well he started protesting, got into a little trouble and then decided to move to America (Ok, I am leaving out really big and important things in this wildly complex story but hopefully you get the gist, I’m trying to convey that he’s awesome too). For the last 30 years he has been serving small churches in central Indiana. Oh, and he has a master’s degree in counseling psychology.
C-Ham – My brother. He is a 27 year old Athletic Trainer at a nearby university. He is a Frisbee enthusiast, both ultimate and disc golf, mostly ultimate. He has recently lost a great deal of weight, and got engaged. He has a very dry sense of humor and a best friend, E. E might as well be another brother.
Rose – The almost sister in law. She is a 27 year old Physical Therapy Assistant who works with the elderly at a rehab facility. She is a judo black belt and she has a lot, I mean a lot of energy. I am currently helping to plan their wedding, super exciting!
Mama Bear (MB) – My mother in law. She is a super woman, go, go going all the time. She travels nearly constantly and is quick to aid her family with her presence. She has two collies, Toby and Duncan, she thinks that they are really smart. She really doesn’t go anywhere without them. She hails from California, and grew up a Navy kid. She currently spend a lot of time in Oregon where her father, nephew and brother are all living.
Papa Bear (PB) – My father in law. He’s also a pastor (in case you were counting that means that three out of my four “parents” are pastors). On top of that full time job he is also an author, he writes… a lot. Chances are if you have done a lot of devotionals (and you’re not super rightwing) you have a book by him, he’s prolific. He hails from California, grew up a Navy kid and is from a very large Hispanic family.
The Costa Ricans – Bear’s brother’s family. Including Brother Bear (BB) and his wife and their three kids (1 niece and 2 nephews) and a lot of extended family. Oh and they are from Costa Rica (well not BB but the rest of them).
Sister Bear – Bear’s sister. She is a teacher and recently divorced.
Reverend – Bear’s sister’s ex-husband. He’s not actually a reverend but if you knew him you’d know the nickname works.
Apple Pi Ladies – 15 of my closest friends who I went to college with. We made up a fake sorority because we are awesome like that, and because we went to a college that didn’t have a greek system.
The Nerd Boys – A random collection of guys that I play nerd games with. They have various locations and names and games, I like most of them and they are generally good for a laugh.
That’s all for now.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty dang excited to see where you're going to go! (-:

    ReplyDelete