... and finidng it in the everyday.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Nerdy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was very nice. A bit of drama but honestly less than I expected so Win.
There were 16 people... definately a full house.


There was also a lot of pie.  7 total plus a raspberry brownie trifle...
Momma Bear and my neice had a great time baking up a storm.  


 There were two pumpkin, two pecan, an apple, a mice meat and a lemon meringe. Lots of hard work, and super appreciated.




The other big thing of the weekend was that Bear taught the newphews to play Magic the Gathering.  We figured it out and came to the conclusion that Bear has been playing this game for 18 years, and I've been playing since I started dating him so nearly 8 years.  Its fun, yes I know its a nerd game.  We took some of our decks a long with us to Thanksgiving in case we had some time or got bored... 

Well Bear asked the boys if they wanted to give it a try and they loved it...  really really loved it. 


We played a lot. Probably more this weekend than I have ever played in one weekend.   They took to it like fish to water... pretty soon they were beating Jake and I... that may have something to do with the awesome decks we were letting them use... but no matter the reason they gave us a challenge.

Thanks guys!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. I miss playing Magic with Bear!

    ReplyDelete