... and finidng it in the everyday.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ups and Downs

There is this feeling in life that we have to have bad times so we can appreciate the good times.  I'm not really sure where this thought came from but I know that it is something that I took as a given until a few months ago.  I was at a training and the trainer started talking about how much of our life we'd be willing to settle for being not so good or bad... then she asked us how much we'd settle on for our children.  I know I don't have kids yet but it really got me thinking... why not strive for good all the time... why accept that bad things happen, I mean attitude shapes everything anyway right? 

So I am trying this thing where I focus on the ups and try to change my attitude about the downs in life.  I say all this to let you know that I think it might be working...  I really did not want to do my exercising the last two days and I did it anyway... I can't really say that they were affective workouts, or that I felt better after but I can say that I'm glad I'm not giving up and while I still HATE exercising I know its good for me in multiple ways. 

I can also say that overall this week has been an emotional one... Bear had some stuff to go through, I had some intense stuff happen that I'm still trying to figure out... but I know that I can keep my head up if I just take things one at time. 

Side Note...  the action plan is going well, I still have a lot to do and I have had to make a few substitutions but overall its going well, and that I can say I'm proud of! 
:)

1 comment:

  1. Great job on trying to stay positive! And excellent job on exercising!! I read something recently that said something like "you never hear someone say that they regret a workout".... That is so true. I agree, exercising is not my favorite thing in the world to do by any means and many days I have to force it, but I'm always glad that I pushed myself through it.

    ReplyDelete